Get Rated With KA 2019 - Specific Terms
- When to enter: This competition opens on 1st JULY 2019 and closes at 23.59 pm on 15th JULY 2019. Any entries received outside this period will not be accepted.
- Who can enter: Entrants must be aged 16+.
- How to enter: Complete the Get Rated with KA 2019 entry form at https://kadrinks.com/get-rated-2019 (making sure you include a link to the video of you performing your original track (your Entry)).
- Limit on entries: You can enter yourself or as part of a crew of up to 4 people. Entries are limited to 1 per person/crew. You cannot enter multiple times in multiple crews.
- The competition: There are 2 stages to the competition:
- Our panel of judges will select a long-list of 12 entries for our semi-final.
- We will notify our 12 semi-finalists they have been selected by email by no later than 16th JULY 2019. Our 12 semi-finalists will be required to reply to this email and confirm they wish to take part in our semi-final by no later than 19th JULY 2019.
- Our 12 semi-finalists will be invited to perform at our live semi-final showcase in front of both our panel of judges and an audience (the Live Showcase). Our 12 semi-finalists can perform either the track they submitted as their Entry or a different, original track. We will confirm to our 12 semi-finalists where and when our Live Showcase will be held but it will be held in London one afternoon between 22nd – 28th JULY 2019.
- We will record our 12 semi-finalists’ performances at the Live Showcase (the Live Showcase Recordings).
- If any of our 12 semi-finalists fail to confirm they wish to take part in the Live Showcase by 19th JULY 2019, or confirm that they don’t wish to take part, or are unable to attend the Live Showcase for any reason, we may, at our sole discretion, ask our panel of judges to select a replacement from the other valid entries received.
- Our panel of judges will select a short-list of 7 finalists from our 12 semi-finalists based on their performances at the Live Showcase.
- We will notify our 7 finalists they have been selected by phone by no later than 27th JULY 2019. Our 7 finalists will be required to confirm they wish to take part in the final by no later than 29th JULY 2019.
- We will upload edits of our 7 finalists’ Live Showcase Recordings to this site and invite the public to vote for their favourite through an online poll hosted on this site. The dates our online poll will open and close are to be confirmed. Our winner will be the finalist who receives the highest number of public votes. The winner of the poll will be announced on 4th SEPTEMBER 2019.
- If any of our 7 finalists fail to confirm they wish to take part in the final by 29th JULY 2019 or confirm that they don’t wish to take part, we may, at our sole discretion, ask our panel of judges to select a replacement from the 7 semi-finalists not selected as finalists.
- Prizes: Our winner will receive:
- The opportunity to produce a studio recording of two of their original tracks with the help of Dabeatfreakz (the Recorded Tracks).
- The opportunity to produce a music video to accompany one of the Recorded Tracks with the help of our agency GRM Daily (the Music Video).
- The opportunity to have the Recorded Tracks and Music Video distributed via GRM Daily and KA online channels.
- The opportunity to have professional photographs taken during the music video recording.
- An announcement of their win on national radio (expected to be on Rinse FM’s Joelah Noble Show, but this could change and we’ll let you know if it does change).
- The opportunity to be featured in an interview wrap-up video.
- We will contact our winner within 1 month of the announcement to confirm where and when the Recorded Tracks and Music Video will be produced. Subject to our winner’s availability, both will be produced, edited and finished before 31st DECEMBER 2019.
- Judging criteria: The criteria our panel of judges will use to select our 12 semi-finalists, 7 finalists and any replacements will be lyrical range, lyrical skill and performance ability.
- Judging panel: You can read about our panel of judges at link.
- Expenses: No travel, expenses, accommodation or any other incidental expenses will be provided to any entrant, semi-finalist, or the winner as part of this competition.
- Publicity: If you are selected as one of our 12 semi-finalists, you may be required to take part in photo-shoots, video-shoots and other unpaid publicity in connection with this competition at each stage you progress to.
- Legal rights:
- You will retain the copyright in the track(s) comprising your Entry and, if different, in the track you perform at the Live Showcase.
- So far as is applicable to you:
- You will own the copyright in the Recorded Tracks and the Music Video.
- You grant us and our agency GRM Daily a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free (subject to your legal rights), perpetual licence to use your Entry, Recorded Tracks, Music Video, name and likeness (including to the extent you feature in any photo-shoots, video-shoots, interviews or other publicity produced in connection with this competition (including in the Live Showcase Recording of your performance)) in any media for our promotional purposes.
- You agree to waive all moral rights in your Entry, the Live Showcase Recording of your performance, your Recorded Tracks and your Music Video in favour of us and our agency GRM Daily.
- Our prize promotion general terms apply to this promotion.
PRIZE PROMOTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions set out below (the general terms) apply to all prize draws, competitions and other prize promotions (promotions) which we run. Each promotion will also have its own set of specific terms and conditions and these will be communicated to you as part of the promotion (either on-pack, online or by some other means) (the specific terms).
Together, the general terms and applicable specific terms comprise the promotion terms. By entering a promotion, you agree to be bound by the promotion terms. This means you should read and treat the general terms and applicable specific terms as one set of terms. However, if there is any contradiction or inconsistency between the two, the specific terms will take priority over the general terms.
THE GENERAL TERMS
- Entry is open to all legal residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 16 or over, except: (i) our employees; (ii) the employees of any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency); and (iii) the immediate family members of (i) and (ii).
- We may carry out verification checks to confirm your eligibility to enter (including requesting proof of ID (e.g. a current passport or driver’s licence) or proof of address (e.g. a recent utility bill)). If you need to purchase one of our products to enter, you must retain your receipt and winning product for verification.
- Please see specific terms for opening date, closing date and entry instructions.
- You must submit your own entry. Bulk, group or third party entries will not be accepted. Entries submitted using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that enable a person to enter repeatedly will not be accepted.
- We will have no responsibility for, and will not accept, any entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or corrupted (including as a result of postal delays, technical issues with your mobile, tablet, computer or connectivity, or technical issues with our website). Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
- If the promotion involves the submission of audio, video, text, images or other content, you must ensure your submission: (i) is not copied from a third party; (ii) does not otherwise infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) does not feature any person (living or dead) without their permission; and (iv) does not contain any defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise unsuitable materials. You will retain any copyright which exists in your submission but, by entering, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use your content in any media for our promotional purposes.
- Please see specific terms for details of: (i) how we will select and notify winners; (ii) how winners will receive, or can claim, their prize; and (iii) any delivery timescales. Prizes will only be delivered within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Please see specific terms for prize details. We reserve the right to substitute any prize (or an individual aspect of a prize) for an alternative of equal or greater value where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control. Winners may not transfer the right to accept their prize to another person without our consent. We will not offer cash alternatives to any prizes. Prizes are not negotiable.
- If the prize is ticket(s) to an event (for example a sports event, music gig or festival), then you and your guest(s) must also comply with the ticket/venue/event terms and conditions.
- Winners are responsible for any tax liability they incur as a result of accepting a prize. Winners are encouraged to seek independent financial advice before accepting a prize if the tax implications concern them.
- Winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any insurance cover which is required or advisable in order to enjoy their prize. Where a prize involves overseas travel, in addition to obtaining travel insurance, winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any necessary visas or clearances, and for obtaining health advice in relation to the travel destination.
- We may, at our sole discretion, arrange for an alternative winner to be selected on the same basis as the original winner if: (i) the original winner fails to take any of the steps necessary to claim their prize as set out in the specific terms; (ii) we are unable to contact the original winner having made reasonable efforts to do so; (ii) the original winner fails any verification or eligibility checks; (iii) the original winner is disqualified in accordance with the promotion terms; or (iv) the original winner is unable to accept their prize for any reason.
- We reserve the right to disqualify you if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of the promotion terms; or (ii) otherwise cheated or jeopardised the integrity of the promotion.
- If you enter the promotion through a social media channel and your profile contains any posts, text, videos, images or references which are of a defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise inappropriate nature (including anything we consider to be racist, homophobic, abusive, sexually explicit or discriminatory to anyone) then we reserve the right to disqualify you from the promotion. Additionally, if you comment or post anything on our social media channels which we consider to be inappropriate, we reserve the right to (i) hide or delete such comments/posts or block your profile, and/or (ii) disqualify you from the promotion.
- We reserve the right to suspend, vary or cancel a promotion where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control (including where technical issues are affecting the proper running of the promotion or where we suspect fraud). In these circumstances, we will do all we can to minimise any disappointment caused.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss, injury or damage which: (i) you suffer by entering a promotion; or (ii) you or your guest(s) suffer in the enjoyment of any prize. However, nothing will exclude or limit our liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by us.
- We may run a promotion via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media channel. If we do, you will need an account with that social media channel in order to enter. You acknowledge that any promotion run via a social media channel is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media channel. By entering, you agree to release that social media channel from any and all liability in connection with the promotion. You also understand that any personal details you submit to enter a promotion or claim a prize (see condition 18 for more details) are provided to us and not to that social media channel.
- We may ask you to supply personal details to enter a promotion or claim a prize (e.g. name, postal address, email address, date of birth etc). The details you submit must be true and up-to-date. By entering, you consent to us using your details in order to run the promotion (including sharing your details with any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency)). Please see specific terms for information about how else we may use your details. Winners also specifically consent to: (i) us disclosing their surname and county as per condition 19; and (ii) taking part in unpaid publicity (e.g. being filmed or taking part in an interview and/or a photo-shoot) which we may use in any media for our promotional purposes. If you do not consent to (ii) above, please do not enter our promotion. If your details change during a promotion, it is your responsibility to notify us otherwise you may miss out on a prize. If you object to your surname and county of residence being made available in accordance with condition 19 below, you must notify us of such objection at the time you enter the promotion.
- Please write to “FAO: [Insert Brand Name] Brand Manager - [Insert Promotion Name]” at the address below within 3 months of the applicable closing date for the surnames and counties of major prize winners.
- Our decision in relation to all matters relating to our promotions will be final.
- The promotion terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with Scottish law. The Scottish courts will have the exclusive right to settle any disputes related to our promotions.
- Promoter: A.G. BARR p.l.c., Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld, G68 9HD.
Note: We may update the general terms from time to time. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are up-to-date because any changes will apply from the date they are made.
Last Update: May 2019