Studio Sessions with KA 2019 – Prize Draw – SPECIFIC TERMS
1. When to enter:
This prize draw opens and closes as follows:
(i) For the Manchester recording sessions – Opens: Mon 8 April 2019 & Closes: 23.59pm Mon 15 April 2019;
(ii) For the Birmingham recording sessions – Opens: Mon 13 May 2019 & Closes: 23.59pm Sun 19 May 2019; and
(iii) For the London recording sessions – Opens: Mon 10 June 2019 & Closes: 23.59pm Sun 16 June 2019 (the “Release Dates”).
Any entries received outside these periods for each recording location will not be accepted.
2. The Prizes:
Entrants sign up for the chance to win one two-hour slot at a recording studio to record your music track with support from a sound engineer at either:
• Manchester – for recording sessions taking place between 29 April – 1 May 2019 (12 prizes in total available);
• Birmingham – for recording sessions taking place between 30 May – 1 June 2019 (12 prizes in total available); or
• London – for recording studio sessions taking place between 27 June – 29 June 2019 (12 prizes in total available)
No travel or accommodation costs, expenses or other incidental expenses will be provided to prize winners.
3. How to enter:
Complete the Studio Sessions with KA 2019 entry form at https://kadrinks.com/studiosessions/ to sign up for the chance to win a time slot for the prizes (your Entry)) between the Release Dates for each recording studio location.
4. Limit on entries:
You can enter only yourself. Prizes are limited to 1 per person per location. You cannot enter multiple times for the same location. An entrant can enter once for each recording location, but a winner can only win a maximum of one prize in this prize draw.
The prizes will be allocated at random. If you win a prize, we’ll notify you by telephone or email (using the details provided in the entry form) as follows:
• Manchester recording session prizes – notification between 18 April – 22 April 2019;
• Birmingham recording session prizes – notification between 20 May – 22 May 2019; and
• London recording session prizes – notification between 17 June – 20 June 2019.
We will confirm to winners by email the specific recording studio location, and the dates/times of the winner’s allocated slot.
If winners do not respond to our email or telephone call with confirmation of attendance within 72 hours of us notifying you of your prize, we reserve the right to re-allocate your prize. We will email you if we do this.
6. Winners’ conditions of recording your track:
You must arrive at your prize venue at least ten minutes before your allocated time slot. If you arrive late, you can only use the remaining time left of your allocated time slot.
You must record an original track, not a cover of someone else’s song.
You need to bring your backing track with you in one of the following formats: .mp3, .wav, .aiff or .m4a.
You must leave the studio at the end of your allocated two-hour slot.
Winners may be required to take part in photo-shoots, video-shoots and other unpaid publicity in connection with this promotion.
You agree that we or our agency GRM Daily can:
(i) film your recording session,
(ii) use your images or any video content we take, or
(iii) use all or any part of the track you record, on our or our agency GRM Daily’s social media platforms and/or websites without any time limits.
8. Legal rights:
● You will retain the copyright in the track comprising your Entry. Your audio recording will be made available to you by the recording studio either via the website or otherwise emailed/transferred to you approximately within 7 days after the studio session.
● So far as is applicable to you:
o You will own the copyright in the Recorded Track.
o You grant us and our agency GRM Daily a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free (subject to your legal rights), perpetual licence to use your Entry, Recorded Track, any video, name and likeness (including to the extent you feature in any photo-shoots, video-shoots, interviews or other publicity produced in connection with this competition (including in any Recording of your performance)) in any media for our promotional purposes.
o You agree to waive all moral rights in your Entry, any Recording of your performance, your Recorded Track and your Music Video in favour of us and our agency GRM Daily.
9. Winner Details & Promoter:
Winners details obtainable by sending SAE with request to KA Brand Manager, 2nd Floor, Mansell House, Aspinall Close, Middlebrook, BL6 6QQ within 3 months of closing date. Joint data controllers: A.G. Barr p.l.c. (Promoter) & Grime Daily Limited. Your contact information will only be shared for the purpose of administering this promotion. Our general promotion terms apply to this promotion - these can be accessed online at www.agbarr.co.uk/prizeterms.
PRIZE PROMOTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions set out below (the general terms) apply to all prize draws, competitions and other prize promotions (promotions) which we run. Each promotion will also have its own set of specific terms and conditions and these will be communicated to you as part of the promotion (either on-pack, online or by some other means) (the specific terms).
Together, the general terms and applicable specific terms comprise the promotion terms. By entering a promotion, you agree to be bound by the promotion terms. This means you should read and treat the general terms and applicable specific terms as one set of terms. However, if there is any contradiction or inconsistency between the two, the specific terms will take priority over the general terms.
THE GENERAL TERMS
- Entry is open to all legal residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 16 or over, except: (i) our employees; (ii) the employees of any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency); and (iii) the immediate family members of (i) and (ii).
- We may carry out verification checks to confirm your eligibility to enter (including requesting proof of ID (e.g. a current passport or driver’s licence) or proof of address (e.g. a recent utility bill)). If you need to purchase one of our products to enter, you must retain your receipt and winning product for verification.
- Please see specific terms for opening date, closing date and entry instructions.
- You must submit your own entry. Bulk, group or third party entries will not be accepted. Entries submitted using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that enable a person to enter repeatedly will not be accepted.
- We will have no responsibility for, and will not accept, any entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or corrupted (including as a result of postal delays, technical issues with your mobile, tablet, computer or connectivity, or technical issues with our website). Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
- If the promotion involves the submission of audio, video, text, images or other content, you must ensure your submission: (i) is not copied from a third party; (ii) does not otherwise infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) does not feature any person (living or dead) without their permission; and (iv) does not contain any defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise unsuitable materials. You will retain any copyright which exists in your submission but, by entering, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use your content in any media for our promotional purposes.
- Please see specific terms for details of: (i) how we will select and notify winners; (ii) how winners will receive, or can claim, their prize; and (iii) any delivery timescales. Prizes will only be delivered within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Please see specific terms for prize details. We reserve the right to substitute any prize (or an individual aspect of a prize) for an alternative of equal or greater value where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control. Winners may not transfer the right to accept their prize to another person without our consent. We will not offer cash alternatives to any prizes. Prizes are not negotiable.
- If the prize is ticket(s) to an event (for example a sports event, music gig or festival), then you and your guest(s) must also comply with the ticket/venue/event terms and conditions.
- Winners are responsible for any tax liability they incur as a result of accepting a prize. Winners are encouraged to seek independent financial advice before accepting a prize if the tax implications concern them.
- Winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any insurance cover which is required or advisable in order to enjoy their prize. Where a prize involves overseas travel, in addition to obtaining travel insurance, winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any necessary visas or clearances, and for obtaining health advice in relation to the travel destination.
- We may, at our sole discretion, arrange for an alternative winner to be selected on the same basis as the original winner if: (i) the original winner fails to take any of the steps necessary to claim their prize as set out in the specific terms; (ii) we are unable to contact the original winner having made reasonable efforts to do so; (ii) the original winner fails any verification or eligibility checks; (iii) the original winner is disqualified in accordance with the promotion terms; or (iv) the original winner is unable to accept their prize for any reason.
- We reserve the right to disqualify you if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of the promotion terms; or (ii) otherwise cheated or jeopardised the integrity of the promotion.
- If you enter the promotion through a social media channel and your profile contains any posts, text, videos, images or references which are of a defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise inappropriate nature (including anything we consider to be racist, homophobic, abusive, sexually explicit or discriminatory to anyone) then we reserve the right to disqualify you from the promotion. Additionally, if you comment or post anything on our social media channels which we consider to be inappropriate, we reserve the right to (i) hide or delete such comments/posts or block your profile, and/or (ii) disqualify you from the promotion.
- We reserve the right to suspend, vary or cancel a promotion where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control (including where technical issues are affecting the proper running of the promotion or where we suspect fraud). In these circumstances, we will do all we can to minimise any disappointment caused.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss, injury or damage which: (i) you suffer by entering a promotion; or (ii) you or your guest(s) suffer in the enjoyment of any prize. However, nothing will exclude or limit our liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by us.
- We may run a promotion via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media channel. If we do, you will need an account with that social media channel in order to enter. You acknowledge that any promotion run via a social media channel is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media channel. By entering, you agree to release that social media channel from any and all liability in connection with the promotion. You also understand that any personal details you submit to enter a promotion or claim a prize (see condition 18 for more details) are provided to us and not to that social media channel.
- We may ask you to supply personal details to enter a promotion or claim a prize (e.g. name, postal address, email address, date of birth etc). The details you submit must be true and up-to-date. By entering, you consent to us using your details in order to run the promotion (including sharing your details with any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency)). Please see specific terms for information about how else we may use your details. Winners also specifically consent to: (i) us disclosing their surname and county as per condition 19; and (ii) taking part in unpaid publicity (e.g. being filmed or taking part in an interview and/or a photo-shoot) which we may use in any media for our promotional purposes. If you do not consent to (ii) above, please do not enter our promotion. If your details change during a promotion, it is your responsibility to notify us otherwise you may miss out on a prize. If you object to your surname and county of residence being made available in accordance with condition 19 below, you must notify us of such objection at the time you enter the promotion.
- Please write to “FAO: [Insert Brand Name] Brand Manager - [Insert Promotion Name]” at the address below within 3 months of the applicable closing date for the surnames and counties of major prize winners.
- Our decision in relation to all matters relating to our promotions will be final.
- The promotion terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with Scottish law. The Scottish courts will have the exclusive right to settle any disputes related to our promotions.
- Promoter: A.G. BARR p.l.c., Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld, G68 9HD.
Note: We may update the general terms from time to time. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are up-to-date because any changes will apply from the date they are made.
Last Update: May 2019